Social Communication Group Therapy Services
SBC teaches social communication/play skills to children in a fun, structured environment. The unique structure of our program also develops speech, language, fine motor, gross motor, and social/play skills. We have been providing services to the Hampton Roads area since 2004.
Children with social communication disorders/delayed social skills are a diverse population. Some may have speech-language delays, gross-fine motor delays, cognitive delays, ADHD/ADD, autism spectrum disorders (ASD), or delayed development in the area of play skills resulting from limited opportunities to interact with other children.
We use therapeutic methods combined with a specialized curriculum in our social groups. Our lead therapists are certified Speech-Language Pathologists or Occupational Therapists who have been trained in the Social Butterflies Club® program along with other therapy methods such as sensory integration. All of our assistants are also trained in the program for continuity of services provided to the children. Learn more about our program and the enrollment process below.
Is your child a Social Butterflies Club candidate?
Answer these questions below to find out if the Social Butterflies Club® group is right for your child.
- Does your child have difficulty asking and/or answering questions? (How do you make a sandwich? What did you do in school today?)
- Does your child have difficulty making friends because he/she prefers to play alone or does not like to share with others?
- Does your child “get stuck” on one topic or type of toy? (Cars, trains, specific movies)
- Does your child have difficulty taking turns with others? (In activities or in conversation)
- Does your child walk around the perimeter of the playground or prefer to play in the sand box?
- Does your child have difficulty in the classroom setting and following the rules of the class? (Participating in activities, sitting in circle time, standing in line)
- Does your child have difficulty in the classroom setting because he/she pushes other children when standing in line or on the playground?
- Does your child have difficulty in the classroom setting because he/she cannot follow directions?
If the answer is “yes” to any of these questions, your child may benefit from SBC.
Schedule an Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
- PURPLE BUTTERFLIES - preparatory (for those children that are not quite ready for the blue group.)
- BLUE BUTTERFLIES - basic skills
- RED & GREEN BUTTERFLIES - advanced skills
- Specialty groups - MONARCH CLUB for adolescents-teens & LITTLE LADIES for girls
- Due to our limited number of spaces, we ask that tuition be paid in advance (full tuition paid prior to the start of the semester will receive a 10% discount).
- For your convenience we accept monthly tuition installments due the 1st day of the month (no discount).
- We can not pro-rate or credit tuition for missed classes.